On behalf of our client we are now looking for a Category Specialist to join the company’s procurement team. The Category Specialist is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the company. The role works closely with internal stakeholders and external third parties, and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through the framework of Category Management.
- Degree educated (SCM/Business/Finance/Legal) or appropriate relevant work experience
- Engagement at all level demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills
- Knowledge of end-to-end Category Management including identifying business needs, market insight, building category/contract strategy, manage sourcing processes, negotiation, on-going supplier management, and governance relating to assigned categories
- Analytical skills with ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities
- Self-directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented
- Good negotiations skills and ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises
- Confidence and credibility, with good communication and relationship management skills
- Competent in use of Company business tools, MS Teams, and other relevant tools
- Good understanding of general and contract law
- Understanding of risks associated with category sourcing in assigned category, and proven ability to forecast and mitigate such risks
Location: Stavanger area
Start date is ASAP.
If you want to apply for the position as Category Specialist, upload your CV and application below, or send your documents to email@example.com
Not the position for you? Press here to view more of our vacant positions.