We are currently looking for a Cost Controller for assignment at an international energy company. The position will be part of the Finance team and will be involved in cost control for different projects and can also be involved in other processes in the finance department.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Follow up on the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process to ensure accurate cost allocation and management of commitment
- Participate in the monthly Closure activities to provide a true financial position of the work done
- Provide support to operational management to enable them to control and monitor their costs
- Provides regular cost reports to departmental management to help them understand the costs they are accountable for and help then in their decision-making process
- Prepare the Budget (Group & Partner) to ensure accurate information is provided in a timely manner
- Regular update the Forecast and analyze the evolution of results against objectives (several axes), identify the causes of deviation and recommend improvements
- Prepare plans and set-ups specific to his field of activity in a proactive manner and in reaction to identified deviations: medium term budget, specific analyses, simulations
- Prepares Billings & Cash Calls for Operated Joint Ventures, or similar for other operations
- Prepare Budget letters for operated activities and other areas where Company is service provider
- Improve and develop cost control tools/models. Improve efficiency for information gathering and preparation of analysis
- Prepare reports and papers when requested from management relevant to document current status and expectations for the project. The Cost Controller can also be asked to present and explain such information to the General Management
- Education: University / Business Degree
- Relevant professional experience, minimum 3 years
- High knowledge of SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
- Structured and process oriented with analytical skills
- Proactive Team Player who can work in a team environment and demonstrate consistent,
professional delivery within tight deadlines
- Fluent in English
Location: Stavanger area
Start date is ASAP.
If you want to apply for the position as Cost Controller upload your CV and application below, or send your documents to email@example.com
Not the position for you? Press here to view more of our vacant positions.