We are now looking for a skilled Rig Accountant for temporary position in a solid and international company in the oil industry. This role requires experience with accounting, preferably from the Drilling industry.
The right candidate has great cooperation and communication skills, both written and oral. The person we are looking for is structured, positive, and has a proactive attitude with a strong focus on quality.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for routine accounting work of rig cost center and the rig owner companies
- Approval of invoices in Eyeshare, including review of finance accounts and cost center, correct VAT treatment, project number and correct expense period and control of authorization according to POA
- Monthly follow up and accounting of Stock transactions based on reports from Star
- Ensure the open POs, invoices and other performed activities are reviewed with the Maint.Supt./Rig Manager and accrued
- Review budget follow-up report from Payroll. Analyze payroll elements vs. budget and also necessary accruals for month end close
- Prepare monthly reporting in liaison with Rig Manager and Maintenance Manager, and participate in monthly cost meeting with Management
- Collect and prepare forecast and budget in liaison with Rig Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
- Responsible for all Billing to Client and collect payments, including re-charges
- Responsible for Intercompany billing
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and follow up of amortization, revenue and expenses
- Experience with accounting, preferably from the Drilling industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/economy/finance
- Familiar with Norwegian Accounting GAAP
- Knowledge of IFRS and SOX is preferred
- Great communications skills, both written and oral, in Norwegian and English
Location: Stavanger area
Start date is ASAP.
If you want to apply for the position as Rig Accountant, upload your CV and application below, or send your documents directly to email@example.com
Not the position for you? Press here to view more of our vacant positions.